Needing some advice/direction

Slgcmg

Mar 23, 2015
Euless,Tx
First post, sorry if it is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it.

Had a saltwater pool built in 2008. About 18,000 gallons.

The problem I have been battling is it was built with sandstone around the pool as well as the waterfall. We don't run our waterfall very often at all.

The sand in the pool is too hard for me to keep up with. I resealed the rock this past summer and it didn't make a difference. It literally needs to be vacuumed every day if I actually want a clear pool and I don't have a backwash system so most of the sand gets puts right back in the pool when I vacuum.

I am needing some advice. Thinking of converting it into chlorine although my wife prefers salt, or ripping out all the sandstone and replacing with a rock that better handles saltwater. Is there a better way that I could vacuum to keep all the sand from going back through the jets?

Thoughts?? I'm willing to try really anything.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

This is one reason I recommend EITHER a SWG or soft natural stone around the pool. Although you may be seeing the same thing even without the SWG if the stone is particularly soft.

If you are seeing the sand returning to the pool when vacuuming, then something is wrong. It should be captured in the filter. What kind do you have? Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.