Can't get the cloudy out

Jul 20, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
Hello everyone. I've been using the BBB method for years with great success. The water was super clear and was proud of my parents pool. Problem is, I'm not taking care of the pool no more since Im not near my parents house no more. The pop ups went down and we resorted to just use the waterfall and vaccuming. being an old guy, my old man didnt have the energy to vacuum no more. He called a couple of weeks ago and said the pool was getting very cloudy. I finally got some time off and attacked the pool. First issue, my mother trying to help, added more borate to the pool which was already at 50. When I tested for borate, the results was beyond any color to figure it out. I immediately wanted to drain the pool. I finally got the money to fix the pop ups and they are working. Drain the pool 70% figuring most of the extra borate would dilute. Fill pool back up and cloudiness was still there, but significantly less. next process was to SLAM the pool. Again the pool is at the point that most people would consider it clear. Me knowing how crystal clear the pool was, don't agree. You can still see the cloudiness through the pool light. It's driving me crazy for the last 4 days. I can't get it completely cleared. We clean the filters, vacuumed, FC is holding overnight. I'm at a lost. What could be causing the water not to clear completely. Pump been running 2 days straight

FC - 19
CC - .5
Borate 40
PH 7.8 not sure since FC is high
CH 250
CYA 35

Pebble tec pool 10,000 gallons.

Have you done a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to make sure you dont have some sort of hidden problem going on?
Test your FC 30 minutes after dark. Test it again right before daylight. The FC loss should be < 1ppm. If its more than one, then that tiny bit of "cloudiness" just might be a algae bloom trying to pop out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.