How do I post a question

[FONT=&quot]To post a new question, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]click on the Forum tab located near the top of the page. Then [/FONT]select a forum topic (e.g., "Just Getting Started", "The TFPC method", Testing and Balancing Your Water", etc.) and then click the "+ Post New Thread" button located about 1/4 the way down the page on the left side - it's located just above the existing threads in that forum.
[/FONT]

I can't figure out how to post a question either. If my PH is very red do I add acid?

- - - Updated - - -

If my PH is very red do I add acid?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see "+Post New Thread" after I click Forums

I can't figure out how to post a question either. If my PH is very red do I add acid?

- - - Updated - - -

If my PH is very red do I add acid?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see "+Post New Thread" after I click Forums

You have previously started 8 different threads :scratch:

You have to click forum and then also click one of the sub-forums ... there you will find the "+Post New Thread" button.

Oh, OK ; Strange I have to pick a Forum already in "play" before I post a question that might be different than the current subject of the forum that I click on to get the "+Post New Thread" button! No wonder I have trouble with that process; It doesn't seem logical! What is wrong with my thinking?

Oh, OK ; Strange I have to pick a Forum already in "play" before I post a question that might be different than the current subject of the forum that I click on to get the "+Post New Thread" button! No wonder I have trouble with that process; It doesn't seem logical! What is wrong with my thinking?

If you want to ask a question about pools do you just turn on your computer and type at the keyboard expecting a response? No. You decide you need to access the internet, so you open a browser. Then you find a website based on the topic you want to ask, you don't just invent one. So how is it that someone can then arrive at that website and suddenly be lost by picking a topic area before submitting the question? It's all the same reasoning you did to get here in the first place. One more step is not a massive leap in logic.

There is nothing strange about this, nor is it exclusive to TFP, it is how basically all forums work. No different than going to a library, looking for the reference book you want, and then finding the correct spot in the book for the information you want. It's a system nearly as old as writing itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.