Vinly liner inground issues

ChrisX

Mar 22, 2015
orange park fl
Hello. Buying a home close soon. While inspecting the pool i noticed that the white coping is showing its age. One part by the deep end you can see is like 1 inch inward for an eight foot section then the rest of the pool. You can visually see the liner come out along with the coping about half an inch from the rest of the pool. There is also 2 cracks running down were it has pulled towards the pool. Is there any way to pull the deck and coping back? Will this harm the pool?

The coping is bolted to the top of the pool wall and anchored into the concrete. The fact that it has moved isn't good. I'd have a pro look at the pool and give you a repair estimate before you take the plunge.

The coping is bolted to the top of the pool wall and anchored into the concrete. The fact that it has moved isn't good. I'd have a pro look at the pool and give you a repair estimate before you take the plunge.

Yea, the owner said its been that way for years. I can tell its from settling. The deck has also slid forward. I was wondering if a could put 3 or 4 anchors and pull it back slowly out.

Yea, the owner said its been that way for years. I can tell its from settling. The deck has also slid forward. I was wondering if a could put 3 or 4 anchors and pull it back slowly out.

You can pull all you want, but gravity is working against you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.