Dolphin Triton Plus experience

dhc

Feb 28, 2015
CA
I will be buying the Triton Plus on Monday so I was wondering if anybody had some experience with the new model. It is now top loading as well and basically comes with all the features the M4 has plus 2 years of warranty even if bought over the internet. I confirmed that with Maytronics today.
Any feedback would be great.

So after much head scratching, like many others on this site, I decided to go with a Dolphin Triton Plus. I ordered from Epic Pools which got the unit to me in about a weeks time. Here in the Northeast, pool season is only about 3-4 months. I have plenty of oak, maple and elm trees around my yard so plenty of stuff fall in unfortunately and I find myself needing to clean the pool every few days... hence the robot cleaner! Many of my impressions are the same as David from Boston in a different post but I figured I'd repeat. What I can say is that so far... I love it.

Here is my opinion:

Pros:

+Cleaned my pool with lots of sediment extremely well after only 1 full cycle.
+Turns on a dime with the split wheels.
+Can't believe how easy it is to access and clean the filters.
+Extremely silent when working
+Nice to have both Spring and Ultra Fine Filters
+Picked up tons of dirt, inch worms, and DE from the bottom that I couldn't see from above.
+Noticeable difference in the cleanliness after only 30 mins!
+Scales and scrubs the tile line

Cons:

-On the first run, the Filter Full Indicator came ON only after 30 minutes - But there was a ton of junk in them... a quick rinse and I was off cleaning again.
-Wished the Pro remote was included (I may try and pick up a used one off eBay per recommendation here to get the delayed cleaning and customized cleaning options)
-Not so sure about the Intelliscan thing as the robot just seems to randomly of about it's work.
-Remote take a little getting used to (although I've only used it once).

This is my 1st ever robotic cleaner so I have lots to learn.

Using this robot... my pool has never looked so clean! I haven't tried the coarse or Spring Filters yet because the fine filter work so great!

Don't think you can go wrong with this cleaner.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.