maggots

Sep 2, 2008
Yesterday I noticed a bunch of maggots in my pool. I cleaned them out and today they are back. I also notice a bunch of black bugs about the size of small flies, but they don't look exactly like flies. Does anyone know what these things are?

I have either maggots or worms in my pool also. I do have a tree near my pool and we have huge mosquito problems here so I am not sure what caused them. I need to know now how to get rid of them. Shock treatment did not work. Can someone tell me the best way to get them out of there? Please.

flkat73 said:
I have either maggots or worms in my pool also. I do have a tree near my pool and we have huge mosquito problems here so I am not sure what caused them. I need to know now how to get rid of them. Shock treatment did not work. Can someone tell me the best way to get them out of there? Please.
Mosquito larvae? Mosquitos will not lay eggs in moving water; don't know if that helps you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.