Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: maggots

1. Back To Top    #1

maggots

Yesterday I noticed a bunch of maggots in my pool. I cleaned them out and today they are back. I also notice a bunch of black bugs about the size of small flies, but they don't look exactly like flies. Does anyone know what these things are?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: maggots

Do you have any tree branches above your pool?
    I had some caterpillars and maggots fall in our pool last week. They came from an overhanging branch.
    12500 AGP 2HP Sand filter
    Five years on BBB & loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have either maggots or worms in my pool also. I do have a tree near my pool and we have huge mosquito problems here so I am not sure what caused them. I need to know now how to get rid of them. Shock treatment did not work. Can someone tell me the best way to get them out of there? Please.
    30 foot overground, vinyl liner, cartridge filtering system

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by flkat73
    I have either maggots or worms in my pool also. I do have a tree near my pool and we have huge mosquito problems here so I am not sure what caused them. I need to know now how to get rid of them. Shock treatment did not work. Can someone tell me the best way to get them out of there? Please.
    Mosquito larvae? Mosquitos will not lay eggs in moving water; don't know if that helps you.