Pool already 90 degrees!

Bpotter,
Refer to this thread. At the bottom of the page begins a discussion of a homemade aerator that duraleigh (Dave S.) installed in his pool that cools the pool using evaporation. There is also a link to a discussion on the poolforum that talks about it.

Bpotter said:
What are aerators? Is this a feature that came with your pool?
I have been wondering how to cool a pool in the summer.

In my case they include 2 small returns just below the deck coping that have fittings that spray the return water up in the air in a fan pattern. I have a valve at the equip pad to adjust the flow and therefore the height of the sprays. My PB includes them on all their pools. They actually had several features that Im glad they used. Very happy with my PB.

My pool is staying at a nice refreshing 82 degrees. I think it's because of all the returns in the inground cleaning system. My pool is a play pool and usually they warm up fast. My pool is always in full sun, too.

Southern Ontario - My pool was up to 89 yesterday thanks to my solar panels! More heat and sun for the remainder of the week - might bypass tonite - or I could have a hot tub on my hands!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.