Pool resurfacing question

Mar 21, 2015
Chesterfield / mo
This is my first post and I am looking for some opinions.
I have a gunite inground pool that needs to be resurfaced.
It currently has a marcite finish, but needs to be replaced.
I have a quote for Pebble Tec, but then I found a product called Aqua Bright by EcoFinish.
My question is, is anyone familiar with Aqua Bright?
Appreciate any insight.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Can't say I know much about it sorry, and I don't think we've seen much if any about it here. could be wrong, but just don't recall.

I prefer a high end quartz over plaster and most pebbles, but perhaps someone will weigh in.

Jg we are starting the training process on aquabright 3/23/2015. I think it could be an excellent product as it will take away the problems associated with plaster start up. Do like the product for the number of things that can be done with it, such as two tone surfaces or logos on commercial applications.

I will if I decide to go that route. I would like to hear from someone who has it first though. They offer a 10 year warranty, prorated after 5 years, whereas Pebble Tec only goes up to 5 years. They (Ecofinish), also say it is more forgiving to chemical imbalance as Swimcmp mentions. Check out their website if you get a chance

J we finished training yesterday on installation. Product seems to be what they are claiming. We will know in the future more about it though. As with any newer product you have to rely somewhat on those that are trying to sell it. There is at least one installer in the greater St Louis area I belive.

Personally I believe the product is what it is proposed to be. It is a solid surface finish that is going to withstand imperfect chemical balance. I am sure that all my plaster customers will be shown the product as refinish is needed in the future. I have two more new installs to do, one of which will have floor be one color walls another and a logo for the subdivision as another. Two renovations to do also.

The waterline time will work with any interior finish if that's what you're asking.

I think the bigger question here is why would something that is more forgiving to water imbalace be a concern? If say, that was a high pH high Calcium imbalance, NO finish of this type will be better than another.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kpag there is a glass reinforced tape that you put on the tile, then you attach a 12" wide special flame and heat resistant liner. This will protect the tile and give you a nice straight edge where the material ends and tile shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Patrick finally got the gist of your comment. Sorry to burst your bubble but not every pool owner is as concerned with the chemical balance of there pool. I have many customers that as long as the water is clear that is there only concern. Wish that wasn't the case but that is the truth.

All,
Just wanted to let you know that I did go forward and get the Aquabright finish.
1 month in.
So far so good and we love it.
Time will tell however.
PH/Alkalinity have been stable so far.
I don't have any hard figures, but it seems I am going through less chemicals, including chlorine/shock.
My biggest problem has been getting stabilizer in, but that is another story.

Attachments

• IMG_20150602_132623.jpg
    IMG_20150602_132623.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 219
All,
Just wanted to let you know that I did go forward and get the Aquabright finish.
1 month in.
So far so good and we love it.
Time will tell however.
PH/Alkalinity have been stable so far.
I don't have any hard figures, but it seems I am going through less chemicals, including chlorine/shock.
My biggest problem has been getting stabilizer in, but that is another story.

Hi I'm about to finish my new pool and the builder is asking me if I want to get Aqafinish instead of pebble sheen. Can you let me know how you like your finish now that you have had it for 1 year? Many thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.