Screenlogic 2 outdoor wireless transceiver install

keene3b07

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 9, 2011
The manual for installing the outdoor wireless transceiver is a little contradictory and i am looking for help. In one place it says that the transceiver needs to be installed at least 10 feet away from the load center and in another spot it says that it needs to be installed within 10 ft of the load center. Which one is it? The wire provided is only 10 feet itself so i am assuming that they want it installed closer to the load center. The load center is installed to a metal post. Will this cause interference? Do i need to install it more than 10 feet away and get more 22 awg 4 wire cable to run to the com port? Any help is appreciated thanks!

They are trying to say that it should ideally be exactly 10 feet away and at least 5 feet above ground level. The actual distance isn't usually critical, though it does depend on what else is in the area. Ideally you want line of sight from one end of the wireless link to the other. Failing that, a straight line between them should pass through as little metal as possible. The further you are trying to run the wireless signal, the more important minimizing interference becomes. For a shorter link it rarely matters, while near the limit of it's range it becomes quite critical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.