Anyone know where I can find a link to a DIY install of a Suntouch Solar controller?

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, I went ahead an picked up a Pentair Suntouch Solar Controller for our AGP. Anyone know of a DIY guide to the install? Everything I'm finding involves pretty in depth setups and the manual isn't the greatest. We have a 24' AGP regular two speed pump to a FAFCO panel on a rack behind the pool, nothing fancy. Also, if you see anything I should add (check valves etc) please chime in. Thanks in advance!

I don't know about a link to a diy. I highly recommend that you read the manual. When I installed my Solartouch there wasn't that much to it. But, you have to read the manual to understand the wiring and initial setup of the settings. The steps to install are fairly simple.

Wire up 110v to breaker panel
Install and wire solar panel temp sensor near the panels
Install and wire the water temp sensor in a pipe after the filter and before the panels
Install and wire the valve controller to open and close solar the solar valve
Wire up the control wire or relay for the pump

Then you have to do some programming to tell it temp to turn on solar, temp to turn off solar. If you want it to also cool the pool you can set those temps also. I would consider reading the manual as unavoidable and mandatory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.