Pool Pillows

I don't want to disagree with you Ann, but - as with filters, I think 'bigger is better', a couple bucks more for a larger pillow will better support the cover and help keep the water / debris more reachable.

Of course I've never owned a pool and the largest majority of those I've worked on were not AG pools - so take this advice with a grain of salt :)

I ordered a 4X4 Round pillow not the square one, should I change it to a square one? I just ask cause I dont see anywhere on the rounds to attach it to anything and maybe I am wrong maybe they do have gammets to attach to, if someone knows please let me know.

Thanks

Yes a pool pillow is used for winterization. You put it under your winter cover to help absorb some of the ice expansion that goes on. Beyond that I honestly dont know that it does anything else persay.

I am still wondering if Round does the same thing as Square?

waste said:
I don't want to disagree with you Ann, but - as with filters, I think 'bigger is better', a couple bucks more for a larger pillow will better support the cover and help keep the water / debris more reachable.

Of course I've never owned a pool and the largest majority of those I've worked on were not AG pools - so take this advice with a grain of salt :)

You can disagree any time you want. :wink: :mrgreen:

I've used a 4 X 5 for the last 6 closings, my pool is frozen solid for much of Jan/feb, I've had no issues. Since youre pool is slightly smaller than mine, you would technically be going "bigger/better" to touch on what Ted said. :goodjob: :wave:

I don't know if it makes a difference, round or square.

LOL a pool pillow in Florida! Must be nice not to have to winterize. But then we don't have hurricanes.... :wink:

I closed my pool with a brand new pool pillow, but it must have deftlated becasue I do not see it anymore. the pool is pretty frozen. what do I need to worry about?

Is there anything I can do now or is there something I should do in the spring when it gets warmer, but not warm enough to actually open the pool.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Deaniew, welcome to TFP!!

The pillow had already done it's job (what they do is support the cover and keep the water on the cover from stressing the top rail too much, which the ice is doing now :) ) When you start to thaw try to pump or siphon off as much water as you can from the cover to reduce the stress on the walls and try to keep up with rain collecting on the cover.

I wouldn't worry about it 8)

While we're all waiting for spring you might want to do a little reading here (Pool School is a great place to start) so you get an idea of what we're talking about here and be all ready to open the pool in the spring! :-D

If you have more questions - ask away - we're here to help (& it's a little sow this time of year :roll: )

Again welcome to TFP!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.