imPower and Marathon Electric pumps

Mar 19, 2015
St Augustine
Just found out that IMPower went bankrupt. So I have a 28 month old $550 pump....I mean paperweight. Run light is green, no error codes, motor doesn't run. I have turned off the breaker for 24 hours, no luck. Note I had error codes a couple of times in the past, the breaker fix worked then. All the buttons on the control panel are dead, non-functional. All the elec savings way outweighed by the cost of the pump.

And Pinch a Penny is still selling these locally.....:(

Took it to an electric motor shop who said that the windings test OK, but beyond that they can't tell. Would have to send the panel off to be tested and repaired, 10 days and N dollars......

Will replace this with either a single speed or something similar, and stick this on eBay and also look for another one on eBay and start switching parts around.

Yep, not a happy camper right now, cost me $500+ and so it cost me money rather than the other way around. :(

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Local motor shop as well as Pinch a Penny have given up getting to anyone, and I have gotten nowhere so far either. Good point though about the bankruptcy....

The 1-800 number in their manual seems to be directed to another company right now,

Yes, looking at a V Green 165 Centurion (I think), 549 with 3 variable speeds. I was offered the last impower in the store for $300 cash. Thought about it but declined in the end, will list he old motor unit on ebay and at the same time keep a search running for a similar one with bad motor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.