Auqua Bot robot for AGP ? Pros Cons

Makdaddy

Jul 23, 2012
Springfield Illinois
So I dropped my wanda the whale on the deckduring the last cleaning before i winterized the pool. She hit the deck and broke the ring and a few wheels
I know I can get replacemnent parts.

But I am toying with the idea of going with a robot.
mainly one of these

Aquabot Pool Rover S2-50 Advantage has brushes 2015 Model
Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i no brushes and is older model but $100 cheaper
Aquabot Pool Rover Junior Has been around longer and seems to get good reviews

Anyone use these in the past, all are sub $400 Cleaners, Im thinking they will be better then the Wanda or Diver Dave
Plus I like the idea that they supposedly circulate the water while cleaning more evenly then the suction type cleaners'

Or if someone has success with a different robot on their AGP let me know

Thanks
Greg

I just received my new pool robot yesterday from Specialty Pool Products. I ordered this one. http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/productr.asp?pf_id=E1602

It is made by the same company that makes the Aquabots. I think they just made it special for "In the Swim" because that is the name that is on it but the manual indicates it's an Aquabot. I Loooove it, yep, who doesn't love something new the first day. LoL. This thing churns the water while it is working and it totally cleans the smaller particles that my Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark could never get. I feel that it definitely will help reduce the work that my pump and filter have to do.

What I love most is being able to plug it in and walk away. It does not weigh much at all. It does not get stuck on the stairs or the mat like the LS did. Pretty quickly, the cord got stuck under the tire (even though the cord floats) but I knew to put a pool noodle on the cord and now, the cord really floats and never got stuck again.

Why did I choose this over the actual Aquabot? No matter how much reading I did, I found that in the sub $500 range, all of the machines seem to have a 50/50 review rating. Some love them and they last a long time and other hate them because they last one day longer than the warranty or break several times before the warranty ends. So, I figured I would take a chance on one that was off the beaten path.

Good luck with your decision. When you get your robot, you will ask yourself, why didn't I do this sooner!

I bought the S2-50 last month but it will be a couple of more weeks till I can give you my review.. I was just done dealing with the set up of my Lil Shark and other small issues. I took my time...literally...researching ect. I decided on Aquabot. based on their reputation and reviews.. and that it was made in the USA was gravy. Then I took a bit longer..and decided on the S2-50 because of the brushes. So far I have taken it out the box..it is nicely sized...not heavy..best part is the ease of opening the top part to change the bags..ect. I tried another brand at my local pool store and the tabs that hold the bag cover in felt like they would break easily...turned me off real quick.. I paid around $369 for it. Good luck on your search.

Good point about the tabs. I already thought they are going to become brittle and break in due time. As far as the bag, I was able to take the robot out of the pool and nothing got back in the pool. I'm happy about that because I saw complaints about debris leaking back in when the robot is taken out.

I bought the S2-50 last month but it will be a couple of more weeks till I can give you my review.. I was just done dealing with the set up of my Lil Shark and other small issues. I took my time...literally...researching ect. I decided on Aquabot. based on their reputation and reviews.. and that it was made in the USA was gravy. Then I took a bit longer..and decided on the S2-50 because of the brushes. So far I have taken it out the box..it is nicely sized...not heavy..best part is the ease of opening the top part to change the bags..ect. I tried another brand at my local pool store and the tabs that hold the bag cover in felt like they would break easily...turned me off real quick.. I paid around $369 for it. Good luck on your search.

I look forward to your review
I wont be opening till the maple trees helicopters are done
So i have some time

So i have some time

We have a huge Maple tree in our backyard. It is the bane of my existence.. helicopters in the spring..drops lots of branches during storms..and the leaves during fall are hard to keep up with. It's finally coming down this week...very exited about that. With the tree gone..I will truly get to keep the pool open until the water cools down enough.

I've been using my oringal Pool Rover jr. going on 6 years now. I really only use it when there's a bunch of bigger stuff in there or I wanna entertain the cat (or myself). If and when it ever dies, I'll probably go up to one of the new brush models (even though I really have no reason to do so.) Does a pretty dang good job. Diver Dave is too much trouble for me to set up and use but it scrubs pretty good though. 90% of the time I just use my Pool blaster Max though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keeps all the crud from going to my filter. Battery charges pretty quickly if not totally dead. Can usually do my pool twice on one charge if it's in a good mood. On my second one in 6 years-------I'll replace it AGAIN before anything else if I need to! Great for quickie cleanup before a "gathering". Definitely use the sand filter extra baggies and it gets pretty dang fine stuff just fine. Ain't that high dollar either if ya' catch one on sale or FleaBay.

Keeps all the crud from going to my filter. Battery charges pretty quickly if not totally dead. Can usually do my pool twice on one charge if it's in a good mood. On my second one in 6 years-------I'll replace it AGAIN before anything else if I need to! Great for quickie cleanup before a "gathering". Definitely use the sand filter extra baggies and it gets pretty dang fine stuff just fine. Ain't that high dollar either if ya' catch one on sale or FleaBay.

Cool it may be perfect for the quickie like you mentioned, Prob still need a rover, just cause Im ANAL
Ill look into it some more. might be a good idea to have both
Thanks

So i have some time

So far...so good!! I love it! Set up is easy...drop in the pool...and I can go off to take care of other things.. I love the ease of taking the top off and cleaning the bags..when I opened last week I had minimal debris in the bottom, but we have had lots of windy days lately and it is doing an awesome job keeping up! :D

View attachment 35411

I got this and love it: Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40I
It does multiple cleanings before I need to empty the bags. Just takes a second to plug in and off it goes.
I didn't know about the model with the brushes, that would've been a nice extra but I just give the pool a quick brushing once a week or so when the filter is on and the pool stays sparkly.

I got this and love it: Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40I
It does multiple cleanings before I need to empty the bags. Just takes a second to plug in and off it goes.
I didn't know about the model with the brushes, that would've been a nice extra but I just give the pool a quick brushing once a week or so when the filter is on and the pool stays sparkly.

I still hand brush once a week as well! The S240 is awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.