Solar Pool covers and water maintenance

May 3, 2014
Martinez
Help!
Living in California during a drought is bad enough, and I am extra worried about evaporation during the coming summer. So, I bought a 16 Mil Clear pool cover that should arrive in a day or so and need to know how to manage the chlorine treatment and what do with the Polaris pool sweep? I expect to keep the cover on most of the time and realize that the cover will greatly reduce the debris and need for continual vacuuming, but do I remove the sweep while the cover is on? And I have a floating chlorine dispenser, which I know I cannot use under the cover - how do I maintain the water balance?

I didn't think through the details...

First and foremost I highly recommend you use bleach or liquid chlorine instead of tablets, your Polaris pressure vaccum should be find underneath the cover but it may move the cover a bit which is no problem, I'm here in California also and as you know all our polls are warming up fast so just expect to have warmer water prob in the 80's. Some people have noted chemical imbalances by using a cover but as everyone knows sufficient testing solves all problems especially with the forum!

My Polaris works fine under the blanket. I also have noticed my chlorine levels don't deplete as fast when the cover is on during the day. Mine's blue, but I don't know if that's relevant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.