I'm new here

Welcome to the forum adl6009 :wave:

Curious why you'd swap from a heat pump to a gas heater ? Replacement cost or ??

Two major reasons, first is cost of operation. While I don't have hard numbers to back me up, you can come over anytime and watch my electric meter literally sing as it spins faster and faster. I was taken in with the advertised savings that I have not seen in practice. Secondly the poor performance is a killer. I open the pool in June and run the heater for 2 weeks at 8 hours a day and I barley get a change in temp. Maybe 10 F, typically hover around 75f at this point. BY early July I got it up above 80f , and still run lots of hours. After this the heater is ok at maintaining a temp, it will run a few hours in the morning and shut down by noon maybe. Come September its another losing battle against the forces of nature. A couple of hard factors, the heater is rated at 115k btu, thats not that powerful. My pool is in the shadow of a large tree untill noon. It is better than before the heater. Back then I didn't even swim in the pool, the temp would hover around 72f. Ok for air conditioning but not my pool.