Is this considered cloudy ?

prasadkm0204

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2015
Santa Clara,CA
Long story short.

My CYA level was at like 200.
CH was at 750.

This was before I fired the pool guy and started TFP method.
I replaced about 40% of water after which the pool looked very clear.

Today I saw that it was not as clear as it was just after replacing water.

My current CYA level is 90-100
CH - 625

It may be a false observation since I am new to this. I have attached a pic. Its 7pm PST so its not that bright outside.

-Prasad

Attachments

• IMG_4397.jpg
    IMG_4397.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 156
Getting the water clarity perfect when nothing major is wrong is primarily a function of getting all of your levels balanced just right and giving it a little time. If you post a complete set of water test results we might have a specific suggestion.

Your question makes me laugh because when I ask that question, the answer is always but I never want to believe it. It usually takes me a day to accept that my readings are absolutely correct

Thanks everyone. You assured my confidence.

My current levels.
FC - 8
CYA - Around 100
CH - 625
PH - 7.5
TA - 16

The water looks clear and hasn't become any more cloudy than it was before.
I know I need to replace water for the high CYA and CH levels. I already replaced 40% and will probably not replace anymore due to severe drought and will maintain a high level of chlorine (liquid chlorine, no pucks).

Thanks everyone.

You'd only call that cloudy if you're a pool snob. But pool snobs only consider water to be clear when they can toss a quarter in the deep end and call heads or tails from the deck.

Once my water temp is high enough for me to fetch the quarter I'm going to do that. I'll have my wife look though, as I'm blind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.