Always getting low FC

so 30 min went by, did a test and my FC is reading about 4. For the 1st time I'm seeing colors in a month when testing for FC. I'll test again in the morning.

This forum has been a great wealth of information and saved me tons of money.

I spent a few hundred bucks the first few months of owning the pool just to get it clear by listening to the pool store for all these ridiculous shocking treatment plus paying the pool guy for a one time treatment of $125 OUCH!

Now that I think of it, I could have done everything for under $100 worth of chemicals.

I love it when it turns out this way. Awesome!!! :cheers:

Checked the dates on the current stock of Menards 12.5% bleach when I was there last weekend. They still have the stuff that was made in July of last year. $4 a gallon. Will wait for the 2-for-1 sale and hope they have new stock then...

Went through a similar process as a new pool owner and I believe either Dave or JasonLion set me straight. Get pH in line before testing FC/CC as the pH can affect the reading of chlorine. Glad you are on the right track! Also to mention, stay away from the scented bleach and the "splashless" kind. Just plain old concentrated bleach.

I know some people live in the country (my sister is over 2 hrs. from a Walmart or hardware store) but you can order online from Walmart.com and have it delivered to your door step free if you spend $50. A bunch of Bleach, Baking Soda, and maybe an ammo box or two will get you to the free shipping level. :)

Wow, chlorine is expensive for you. Leslie's and Pinch a Penny sell 10%, 2.5 gallons for $5. Sounds like Walmart may be you best bet. I sure hope that our doesn't mean chlorine prices are about to go up.

I think we are pretty lucky here in Florida with chlorine prices. I have in my wallet right now a Leslies coupon to buy 5 gallons for $6.98. To get that price, you must bring your own container (either one they sell you, or an approved competitors 2-1/2 gal jug). They will either fill it on the spot or swap with a filled like container. It is advertised as 10%, but I'm sure that is not regulated or measured that frequently. It comes out of a big tank in the back of their store. The price will go up to either $7.98 or $8.98 per 5 gallons as we get closer to Summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.