Soon to be pool owner. Help!

Mar 19, 2015
Menifee, california
My husband is a DIY'er, so that means he digs and builds and I research things. We have dug down a 15x 24 Lomart pool and now need the equipment. I think I have narrowed down what I would like, but I would just like to make sure they are a good choice. I'm thinking a hayward perflex ec65 and a super pump dual speed, with a Hayward swim pure plus salt water system.

My husband had a friend who works in the business so they were getting us a quote, but their quote was of completely different models with pentair.

I know I want a de filter and a two speed pump. How are my choices for our 10 gallon built down liner pool?

Thank you in advance

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I have to say, it will be pretty cozy in that 10 gallons. :lol:

If it were me, I'd see what they came back with on the pentair quote. Might be a great deal, and that's good equipment.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I have to say, it will be pretty cozy in that 10 gallons. :lol:

If it were me, I'd see what they came back with on the pentair quote. Might be a great deal, and that's good equipment.

Haha ya I saw my typo but figured you guys would know what I meant ;). They are recommending a whisperflo wfe-2 .5hp and and clean and clear + cartridge filter 320 sqft. And a breeze 320 saline 20k gal system.

Is pentair better than Hayward? I thought they were similar

Pentair and Hayward are like Chevy and Ford. Which one is better? That depends on who you ask, and especially if they are a NASCAR fan!

In reality both Pentair and Hayward are about equal in the big scheme of things. And both brands are very good quality.
Most folks in the business have pricing agreements with equipment manufacturers so thats probably why your friend offered up the pentair equipment instead of Hayward.

My. 02, on the pentair equipmement.
the 2.5 HP pump is way too big for 10K gallons. A 1 HP 2 speed would be a better choice for 10K gallons.
That C&C 320 filter is awesome! You will love that!

Not so comfy with the breeze SWG system, not a lot of knowledge about them. - To Add. Pentair offers 3 yr warranty if (3) pieces of their equipment is purchased and if it is installed by a qualified person (maybe your friend could sign off on that). SO, it may be worth going with Pentair SWG instead of the Breeze, just to get the 3 year warranty.

We recommend SW cell rated for at least 2x the size of your pool.

Of note however, I would feel bad if I didnt mention this.
The Cell on the Pentair SWG contains all of the controls, so if you ever have to replace the cell, and you eventually will, it will be almost twice as expensivce as replacing a Hayward cell. If there is a downside to the Pentair SWG, this is it.
SO, there is some food for thought also. (BTW, I have all pentair equipment and I love it)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.