sspool

That is correct. Most brands, including Hayward, will shutdown the SWG when the salt level is too high. I believe the upper limit for Hayward is 4000 ppm. So it won't take very much water replacement to get the salt level down to something reasonable.

I guess that might be one advantage of Pentair, IC40 for me. It will produce cholrine even when there is too much salt in the pool. It gives a warning at 4500ppm but still produces chlorine.

Green LED (Flashing): Salt level is above 4500 ppm. Chlorine is being
produced but the salt level is too high which increases the risk of
corrosion and deterioration of pool equipment and surfaces in and around
the pool. Pool water needs to be drained and refilled one (1) foot at a
time until the salt level is below 4500 ppm.

Salt is only lowered by splash out, dilution, and backwash. Hayward keeps the salt level as low as possible. The higher the level the most likely you can taste the salt in the water. Always have a pool store test salt level before adding salt or lowering level.

Salt is only lowered by splash out, dilution, and backwash. Hayward keeps the salt level as low as possible. The higher the level the most likely you can taste the salt in the water. Always have a pool store test salt level before adding salt or lowering level.

Nope, we all test ourselves...never trust a pool store test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.