Hello and I want to retire from being an algae farmer

cozybuilder

Gold Supporter
Jan 20, 2015
Northeast Georgia
Hello Everyone,

First, thanks so much for maintaining such an informative and helpful website.

I have been a pool owner for a little over 3 years now. I formerly used a mom & pop pool store, and I was happy enough with it until it was sold to another owner. After that I tried a franchise pool store.

With their help, I have had CYA levels so high that I have had to drain and replace water in my pool, as well as deal with 2 algae episodes, the last of which was finally resolved with help from an Ace Hardware store. I didn't understand what was going on.

Then I found this site. I will be taking caring of my own pool from now on. Thank you for the tools.

Philip

Welcome!!

I see you have the best test kit going, but have you shut down the farm already?

Hi Tim, yes the farm is presently shut down, but it took some effort. Then there was the clean up of the cloudy water and powdery residue that had settled to the bottom. That was the hardest part. Also had a problem with chloramines. But all is clear now and the pool is uncovered. Actually took a dip on Sunday (not recommended: water temp was 55 degrees F.).

Philip

Welcome! :wave:

You know, we like pictures. If you have any of the swamp, that would be great.

Thanks for the nice welcome, Richard. I have only 1 picture, and it is of the first episode. (The second episode was by far the worst of the two.) I just looked up how to post the photo. It is 2.99 MB which far exceeds the 250 K I'm allowed, so I'll get to it as soon as I can. I don't have a Photobucket or Flickr account.

Philip

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!
you hae indeed found the right place to be for algae and trouble free pool.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Divin Dave! I have enjoyed the learning process thus far, and I'm sure there is more to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Thanks, jblizzle!

- - - Updated - - -

We don't subsidize algae farming around here!

Hi Woody, that's too bad 'cause I'm really good at it!;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
T
Hi Tim, yes the farm is presently shut down, but it took some effort. Then there was the clean up of the cloudy water and powdery residue that had settled to the bottom. That was the hardest part. Also had a problem with chloramines. But all is clear now and the pool is uncovered. Actually took a dip on Sunday (not recommended: water temp was 55 degrees F.).

Philip
You are a better man than me! 70 is my lower limit, and that just means I jump in and immediately head for the hot tub.

BUT, you can't really retire or you will go back to being an algae farmer:? It's an ugly cycle of needing to stay busy maintaining your pool or giving in to the algae.

cozybuilder,

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

You are nominated for "Best Thread title of the Month" !!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I was laughing out loud that I woke my boxer up! He only gets up when he hears a chip bag rattle! :mrgreen:

Welcome! I use imagepost.org to host all my pics. Easy!!!

Sorry, I misspoke, it is postimage.org. I'll give the jerk a pat for ya! lol I can't tell you what I really call him unless you PM me! :mrgreen:

Welcome! :wave:

You know, we like pictures. If you have any of the swamp, that would be great.

Richard320, here you go!

IMG_0427.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support