Water hardness in Los Angeles? Too soft?

Dec 23, 2014
West Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My water was a little soft at 150 so i popped it up to 220 - but the pool supply place (actually a really great honest place i found) said i didnt need to buy anything because it would go up on its own. 150 seemed a long way from the 300 target and i could only get 8lbs of hardener anyway since thats all they had on hand. what would cause water to soften naturally and/or chemically? will it go up on its own? i guess my next step is to test my tap water - but if theres anything else that could contribute to it being TOO soft, i'd like to know.

Yep! CH will be constantly slowly increasing in virtually all pools. The speed and extent of that increase depends primarily on your tap water CH.

it was kind of odd to see the water be softer, ESPECIALLY IN LOS ANGELES! - i didnt expect that. the only thing i was using (before i got smarter here) was dichlor - which messed up my CYA and created a life lesson :D. i guess i will know when i test my tap water. so at 220 i should just let it creep up on its own to 300?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.