First Water Test

gonzo

Mar 3, 2015
South Florida
I just got the TF-100 test kit today and did my first water test. This is a pool less than a month old.

PH - 8.2 (I will add 16 oz of Muriatic acid tonight)
FC - 2 (Is this ok or too low?, I am still playing with the pump run time)
CC - 0.5 (How do I bring this to zero?)
TC - 2.5
CH - 225
TA - 80
CYA - 20 (Not sure if the PB added any stabilizer) What stabilizer should I add?

The priority is to get the PH down. If your plaster was applied less than a month ago it will likely take a lot more acid than that. With fresh plaster you usually need to lower the PH daily to keep it under control. Try to keep the PH at or below 8.0 at all times.

Trichlor tablets are good to use for the first month, as they raise FC and CYA levels very slowly, which is good for fresh plaster. If you do need to add stabilizer/CYA, look for granular cyanuric acid (any pool store will have it as well as most big box hardware store pool departments.

I have been monitoring the PH and adding acid almost daily. Richard320, I am not sure of anything, I am very new to pool stuff and thanks to this forum I am learning. I will read the manual of the Nature2 and find out anything about CYA.

I have been monitoring the PH and adding acid almost daily. Richard320, I am not sure of anything, I am very new to pool stuff and thanks to this forum I am learning. I will read the manual of the Nature2 and find out anything about CYA.

No worries Gonzo, just take a bite at a time and all this will become easy before you know it.

Ask questions as you need to, we'll be here to help. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.