Salt, sand, or both?

Mar 16, 2015
Queen Creek, AZ
Last summer we ran a 14' x 42" ProSeries pool with its wimpy pump and skimmer set-up...we're in Phoenix so with the 115+ heat we had a heck of a time with chlorine and other chemicals. We switched to the BBB method which was better, but still a lot of work. This year we're planning on buying a 16' by 48" Coleman pool and buying a better pump/filter set. I'm looking at saltwater systems and also sand systems, and found one that's both in one unit. I really like the idea of the saltwater system (we had an in-ground pool with one years ago) and wonder if I need both that along with a better sand filter, or just that. I have tried to research this online and just feel lost. The reviews on Amazon basically say each type is great and you need it. :D

Welcome to TFP!

The salt system is great. A sand filter is great. However, I recommend purchasing them separately, not as part of a set. They have different lifetimes and will eventually need to be replaced at different times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.