Autopilot Digital or Nano????

Bryantom

Apr 7, 2014
Texas
Somebody help me, I am wanting to add a SWG to my pool and have decided on the Autopilot but don't know if I need the nano or the digital. I currently have an intermatic multiwave control system on my pool. Please help.

You have a fairly large pool, so you will probably want one of the larger cells, which require the Digital model. The Nano tops out at 22,000 gallons, but we recommend getting a SWG that is sized for a pool 1.5 to 3 times as large as your actual pool, and I very much doubt that the Nano will fit that recommendation.

I know the measurements look big but the volume of the pool is 15k gallons. I know the nano plus will do up to 28k gallons and the small digital will do a 35k gallon pool, but what else is there about the digital that makes it 500 bucks more than the nano and is it worth it?

The Nano only goes to 22K gallons, while the Nano+Plus goes to 28K gallons. The Digital has a better display, and a much larger power supply (to work with the larger cell sizes). The software/features are otherwise nearly identical.

No, at least not directly. They do interface with some automation systems that allow Internet access. However connecting one of their units to an automation systems tends to disable some of the AutoPilot specific features, notably automatic temperature compensation on the percentage setting.

Do you know if autopilot has a controller that can be controlled with an app or thru the internet? that would be a nice feature to have. I'm not seeing anything like that on their website.

As Jason mentioned this is not a feature that is built-in to any of the AutoPilot controllers. While certain pieces of pool equipment such as a heater are useful to adjust from a phone or internet connection there isn't much advantage to adjusting your chlorine generator this way. Also as Jason mentioned integrating AutoPilot equipment with 3rd party automation equipment will disable some of unique features that AutoPilot's systems offer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.