Hayward or Pentair

booboo

May 22, 2008
Marana AZ
I have the option of equipment for our new pool/spa.

The advantages for Hayward is the Omnilogic over intellitouch, Echstar is more efficient that the Intelliflow, 400,000 BTU Natural gas heater is better and rat proof.

The advantages for Pentair is the Filter is better.

Am I missing anything?

Keep in mind that Omnilogic is brand new. The advance material looks wonderful, but we do not yet know how it will work out in practice.

EcoStar is more efficient, but new units seems to have problems for a few people with constantly tripping the GFCI breaker.

I have had an ecostar for a year now and love it, I have a 1.5 inch suction line so it's not the most efficient but at 1000rpm I only draw 85 watts
With a single 1.5" suction line, the Ecostar sure sounds like overkill. A smaller VS might have been a better fit ... but I do not know anything about your pool. Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

I have 9 12x4 Heliocol panels on the roof. So there will be 2" PVC going straight up from the equipment 14', over the parapet and into the panels on a flat roof. Will this make a difference in which pump would work better?

Why not go with the best, Omnilogic, EcoStar, Pentair filter and Raypak heater?

I asked the same question and was told that it is better to get the entire package from one company. For discounts or warranty, can't remember. Does this make sense?

So get a Pentair filter, pump, automation to get the 3 year warranty of those + a Raypak heater ;)

Pentair and Hayward both have pumps that will handle solar without issue ... especially their large VS pumps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.