Concrete Paver and Travertine seal

Feb 26, 2015
DeLand
Just finished my pool with pavers. I sealed my driveway and it looks great ( wet look) but it is more slick when it gets wet so I am a little nervous around the pool area.

I am currently debating Polymeric Sand and looking for the best one to use for pool areas. I used the Home Depot stuff on my front porch and it gets moldy and needs cleaning.

Are there any products that folks here have had great luck with?

I'm in Central Florida if it matters.

Thanks,
Mike

I had understood (perhaps incorrectly) that polymeric was fairly universal item - same stuff just different labels. We have used one from Quickcrete on our driveway pavers and it got in all the nooks and crannies just fine.

Regarding the cleaning, take a look at this WET AND FORGET http://smile.amazon.com/Wet-Forget-10587-Gallon-Remover/dp/B0019KSUG6/ref=pd_ybh_17 Good stuff and hasn't disclored our Tremron pavers.

Regarding the sealant, we just used the DuPont Stonetech last week on travertine. It is not noticeably slicker. We have a screen enclosure and slightly different humidity than you (Amelia Island), so YMMV.

I've seen a couple of threads here where people have used polymeric sand and been happy with it cutting down on sand getting in the pool. Maybe try a search on polymeric (upper right corner), that is an uncommon enough term that you should get pretty good search results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.