Tis the season

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
After the winter we had in WI here it sure is nice to see the forums lighting up again! I can tell the season is coming by watching the increase in posts on this forum. Just wanted to share my appreciation for all of the information and gracious people on this forum which helped my create my backyard oasis. I know I must be doing something right when my two kids asked me in the dead of winter how long it would be before we put the pool up!

It's coming along quickly and I'm ready to pull my cover off. I am waiting for the rest of the pool to melt.

I have a donut shaped ice cube in mine. lol All the ice is melted off the cover though.

Casey, all I'm waiting for is the water to warm up a bit. Bad thing is that everytime it's sunny out the pool looks so inviting.

Cheers cause summer is almost here. The pool is springified and waiting for the Sun to lick it's warm glow across her waters. Water temp hit 74 today.

After the winter we had in WI here it sure is nice to see the forums lighting up again! I can tell the season is coming by watching the increase in posts on this forum. Just wanted to share my appreciation for all of the information and gracious people on this forum which helped my create my backyard oasis. I know I must be doing something right when my two kids asked me in the dead of winter how long it would be before we put the pool up!

I don't live that far from you...It has been rough but today is beautiful and the snow is gone off my front and backyard finally! No more ice on my cover..ice is shrinking under the cover..counting down till I can tear the cover off and get to work!

Cheers cause summer is almost here. The pool is springified and waiting for the Sun to lick it's warm glow across her waters. Water temp hit 74 today.

I haven't pick up a thermometer yet, so I don't know what my water temp is. However, I do know from installing my skimmer this past weekend that it was too cold to swim. I was numb from the waste down.

In south central pa here. I've gone no cover for two years. So I can see the huge ice cube floating in the pool. Have clear water about 4 inches all around the pool.
Looks like we dip into the mid-high 20's this week.

As a side note--any help appreciated. I shut my drain valve to start collecting water so I don't have to fill off my well. Anyone think daily high from mid 30's to night-time lows of mid 20's would crack skimmer, since water is 1" above skimmer now???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No Woody--no pump connected yet. This past weekend we got some rain. With the warming temps thought I'd start letting pool fill naturally. It was a gamble, now wondering if I should have waited another week or two before closing off valve.

We're not through the worst of winter yet deweypip. We could potentially get another snowfall and freezing weather. I'd stop what you're doing and 're evaluate before you go further. I mean, I'd wait. It's still to early. Just my Pennsylvania opinion. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.