columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I have a mesh cover, and it appears my pool is full again. It is hard to say because it could just be the ice on the cover pushing the water into the return. I was planning on opening in a couple weeks. Should I drain the pool a little so that if it rains, likely, the pool doesn't fill higher than the vinyl liner? This is my first spring as a pool owner and I want to make sure I won't cause more problems if I let the pool get over full. Draining water off will require a new pump because all the system pump is still winterized.

Did you or do you know if winterizing included draining or blowing out the skimmer and return lines and then plugging them and adding anti-freeze? I do not own a vinyl liner pool so I am not sure if there will be any impact to the liner. The issue that I am familar with is if the water can freely enter the pipes and then freeze. If your pipes are exposed than I would suggest draining some.

Some people have also used a hose to siphon water out of the pool, however since it can take a long time make sure you do not forget about it or you could take out a lot more water than you want.

Hope this was some help.

The ICE is too heavy and out of reach. it should finish melting in a day or two. We've had so much snow this year, the cover actually froze to the the surface of the water since it is mesh and water was both above and below it. Pipes are blown, filled with anti-freeze, and sealed which is why I can't just use the main system to drain the pool. I am planning on riding it out the next two weeks till the ICE is off and I have time to open the pool. I am just not familiar with how the liner is connected to the coping. If I let the water rise to high, is there a chance the water will go behind and float the liner? I have drains to prevent the liner from floating, but would rather not test them to see if they work since not every pool builder installs them.

I have a mesh cover, and it appears my pool is full again. It is hard to say because it could just be the ice on the cover pushing the water into the return. I was planning on opening in a couple weeks. Should I drain the pool a little so that if it rains, likely, the pool doesn't fill higher than the vinyl liner? This is my first spring as a pool owner and I want to make sure I won't cause more problems if I let the pool get over full. Draining water off will require a new pump because all the system pump is still winterized.

Mine is the same as yours. I'm siphion a little bit of water out now. Just be careful it's not frozen inside the skimmers also.
If the water drops with frozen ice in the skimmers it could stress the plastic boxes when the ice drops in the main part of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.