Leak where Water Return Hose Attaches to Pool Wall

I have a steady stream of water leaking where the water return hose attaches to pool wall (leak amount doesn't change with pump on/off). Water only seems to be leaking outside of pool—I don’t see any change in liner or floor below the return.

I'm pretty sure I broke something while trying to attach the Poolskim (to catch leaves) to the water return. After attaching and turning on the pump, the poolskim’s arm/connector would twist where connected to return and push up out of the water. I tightened the connection and tried again, with the same result. When I tried to remove the connector to return the eyeball thing (while I figured out a better way to attach the Poolskim), I realized that when I twist the connector, the hose on the outside twists too. So, I broke something in there which must be causing the water leak.

Please help! Is this something I (or my handyman!) can fix?

Your return is in a few seperate parts, that screw together, and it may just be that the various connections were loosened when you attached the poolskim. You may have to try and re-assemble the entire unit, tightening the connections. I've developed a drip there too, and have been able to re-tighten to make it go away....otherwise, I've seen new return fittings from the pool store that should be fairly simple to replace.

There should be a gasket that goes between the vinyl liner and the pool wall, on the inside of the pool and then again between the outside of the pool wall again and the retaining nut of the return jet. If you had it completely off and out, chances are the one that goes between the inner wall and the liner fell off.
We had a liner change done this year and when they replaced the "eye ball" return jet they cracked it and it leaked out side the pool so you can check that also.
Another possibility is, that when you put your attachment on the pool you tore the liner a little as well which might make it leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.