Limited functionality with Hayward AQL-WW-P-4 Wired Remote Control

Jun 25, 2014
Holmdel, NJ
Hi,

I installed the Hayward AQL-WW-P-4 wired remote today and connected the low voltage 4 wire connectors to my Aqua Plus control panel. The remote comes to life, shows version info, salt levels, air temp, etc. but none of the remote buttons do anything (except beep). I can't turn lights on or off, and I can't scroll or change any menus. I checked the Aqua Plus to make sure the remote capability was enabled, which it was.

Any else run into something like this? Not sure if there is something odd with the connection, the unit itself, or a config. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Bryan

While we all appreciate helping folks here we usually like to work though the issues with them so as others here that might have the issue(s) can learn as well.

Bryan, Did you replace an existing Hayward AQL-WW-P-4 or is this a new setup?

Thanks, I called yesterday and was told I should try a replacement unit as mine may be defective. Unfortunately, they are now backordered and I can't get a new one for 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps0303- this was a new install.

As I recall, when mine was hooked up, it was what you said - we enabled in the main AquaPlus panel, hooked up the 4 wires, and boom, it worked. Are you sure one of your 4 wires isn't broken? Could you try hooking it up very close to the AquaPlus panel with a new small piece of 4 wire, to double check your wire run?

Hi Bryan, I would like to have you on the phone with one of Hayward's techs. Please call 908-355-7995. This is our technical support line and one of the control techs will help you.
i just want to say it's nice to see someone going out of their way to support their products. With so many horror stories about calling customer NO-support, you monitoring TFP for customer issues is refreshing.

Thanks!

Hi - It wasn't a part that was on backorder, it was the entire unit. I received a replacement today from Amazon - hooked it up with the existing wire and it worked perfectly. Thanks everyone, looks like it was just a defective unit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.