LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2008
North Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine

The pool closers I've used since moving in (2 yrs) use a winter algaecide called "On Guard" that I can't find for sale on the internet. It is a gallon liquid...I think the company puts in three gallons at fall closing, and instructions are to use one gallon again in Feb, Mar, April before opening.

Is this stuff any different than other algaecide or algaecide concentrate that I can get at Leslie's or other stores?

Any information regarding capability of the product is appreciated.

VR
AJGIII

it IS just marketing. There are only three kinds of algaecides--linear quats, polyquat, and copper sulfate. Since that comes in gallons my guess is it's a linear quat. The only algaecide that we really recommend is polyquat.

waterbear said:
it IS just marketing. There are only three kinds of algaecides--linear quats, polyquat, and copper sulfate. Since that comes in gallons my guess is it's a linear quat. The only algaecide that we really recommend is polyquat.

Polyquat - isn't that a lot of ducks? No, wait, that's polyquack! :lol: :p :party: (sorry)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.