LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2015
Savannah GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone. I wanted to post a quick thank you to the owners of this forum. The information here has altered my whole approach to the pool and upkeep.

I have a 13,000 Gal inground pool with vinyl liner. Up until now I was using first the pucks, and then the PoolFrog system. I always wondered where my chlorine was going and now with the understanding of how stabilizer works.....that mystery is solved. We also really hated our green hair in the swimming season :) , yet again another mystery solved.

I bought the Taylor 2006 kit, Borax, Baking Soda, and a mess of bleach, and most importantly I feel in control of my pool for the first time ever. Oh, I went ahead and Borated the pool too......that was fun.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the interesting conversations all swim season.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Glad you found us :goodjob:

Don't fall into the trap of buying all the B products. I have NEVER needed borax or baking soda.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you.

I added the Borax to try out the Borate pool. Prior to that I used the Baking Soda to balance my TA which was low. My PH has always fluctuated, now it is staying consistent.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.