Getting a new pump. Should i get a SWG?

Mar 15, 2015
Orlando
I have been a lurker for quite a while. Im sure some people hear might recognize the story or whatever but here we go

So i have a TF-100, been testing the pool and all that, pool is doing good, but my pump has a bad leak so we are getting a new one. Hopefully a VS pump. Its my parents buying it, im only 16(but im in charge of the pool stuff) they told me to convince them why we should get a SWG(because i told them we should buy one) is it really worth it? they are quite convinced that all they do is cause trouble but i believe i could manage it just fine.

Also. whats a good not to expensive VS pump?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If you have a leaking shaft seal ... you could just replace the seal ... or a better option would be to replace just the motor with a 2-speed version. What is your electrical cost? A VS pump may not make $ sense ... and in FL, you should certainly have surge protection on your VS pump power supply.

If you want a VS pump, I would look at the smaller VS pump ... like the Maxflo VS or Superflo VS.

A SWG is about convenience ... they do not often result in money savings after you take into account cell replacements every 3-5 years.

I have a SWCG and like it because it's more convenient than purchasing and adding chlorine manually. It also let's me be away for days at a time without worrying too much about the pool. If I had one of my children taking care of the pool who understood what they were doing and who could drive to the store to purchase chlorine I wouldn't bother with the SWCG. Sorry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.