Dolphin's new "S series"

Aug 21, 2014
Biloxi, MS
Does anyone know anything about Dolphin's new "S series" line of robots? I've just seen several youtube videos, but I can't find anything regarding price. Apparently this is a brand new line that hasn't been released in the US yet? Any info? Thanks in advance!

One model of the S series has been announced in Europe, but is not yet shipping nor is there a listed price. Nothing has been announced in the US, which apparently won't get them until after Europe does.

Their press release in Europe strongly suggests that they will be replacing their entire product line with new S series models over the next year or so, though it is completely lacking any specifics.

One model of the S series has been announced in Europe, but is not yet shipping nor is there a listed price. Nothing has been announced in the US, which apparently won't get them until after Europe does.

Their press release in Europe strongly suggests that they will be replacing their entire product line with new S series models over the next year or so, though it is completely lacking any specifics.

I just did a google search on the Dolphin S300i and found the following on the manufacture website: http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/p...ve-lines/s-series/product/1599-dolphin-s-300i

I'm now wondering if I should potentially hold off on the Dolphin Z5? I guess we will have to wait and see on the pricing...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I contacted Maytronics on when to expect availability of the "S" series. Their reply was "We are hoping around the middle of April" I am currently in the market for a cleaner. I was going to buy the Z5. I think I will wait to see how these are priced.

You are right, I really dislike the whole dolphin way of doing things, their site is very very confusing. I'm still perplexed as to why these new robots don't have the swivel cable, that was a major design feature.

You are right, I really dislike the whole dolphin way of doing things, their site is very very confusing. I'm still perplexed as to why these new robots don't have the swivel cable, that was a major design feature.

I agree, their marketing dept is a mystery to me. What they do, and why is absolutely confusing at best. As for the swivel, they work ok sometimes, and if they have any flaw, it's the only one I can name. But on these other units at the 300 range, its easily explained why they don't have one. It's all about $$$.

Maybe it depends on how they run, but I don't know how. Mine isn't the best feature, but I can't imagine how bad it would be without the swivel. Still, I don't think they will be out here this summer.

Yes Divin Dave, do tell. Where are the M5/500s available on line at better prices with the warranty?

My local authorized retailer will sell me one for $1549.

I have found a couple of online retailers that go as far as saying they cannot sell the model online, but none offer to sell over the phone on their website. Plus, shipping one of the porpoises to maytronics or the retailer for warranty or general service is going to set me back $70.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.