Dolphin's new "S series"

When I look at the specs it shows three cycle times - 1, 2 and 2.5 hours so that makes it appear to be the s300i. The price is C$1300 which is about US$1000. This may be the "international" model as when I look at the manual it shows a Continental European style Type F plug.

How come the s300i doesn't appear to be for sale in Amazon.com?

When I look at the specs it shows three cycle times - 1, 2 and 2.5 hours so that makes it appear to be the s300i. The price is C$1300 which is about US$1000. This may be the "international" model as when I look at the manual it shows a Continental European style Type F plug.

Maytronics keeps its marketing pretty tight. They keep current-generation models in brick and mortar retail and will not honor warranties unless you have a proof-of-purchase from a brick and mortar. Older-gen models or those that are co-branded can be sold online with warranty support. From a pool supply dealer's perspective I get it, you want to give your customers a reason to buy from you (and Maytronics wants to keep its cheerleaders happy).

This is the warning on the box for my S300:

http://www.maytronicsus.com/images/StopSign.JPG

There is a certain appeal to a buy-local philosophy. When my S300 was missing a part from the box my local dealer contacted Maytronics for me and had them express it to me.

Maytronics keeps its marketing pretty tight. They keep current-generation models in brick and mortar retail and will not honor warranties unless you have a proof-of-purchase from a brick and mortar. Older-gen models or those that are co-branded can be sold online with warranty support. From a pool supply dealer's perspective I get it, you want to give your customers a reason to buy from you (and Maytronics wants to keep its cheerleaders happy).

There is a certain appeal to a buy-local philosophy. When my S300 was missing a part from the box my local dealer contacted Maytronics for me and had them express it to me.

I wonder how long they will hold onto this model as the world is changing quickly. For items that Amazon fulfills through their own centres you can get same-day or even quicker delivery.

I wonder how long they will hold onto this model as the world is changing quickly. For items that Amazon fulfills through their own centres you can get same-day or even quicker delivery.

They'll hold on for as long as they can. And that's not a bad thing. Heck, Amazon's starting to build brick and mortar bookstores, so maybe there's still hope for local mom and pop shops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.