Dolphin's new "S series"

I recently purchased the S300. The pool store I purchased it from had access to the "S" line but nothing else. On the other hand, the local Leslie's had access to the rest of the Maytronics line but did not have access to the "S" line. Seems like Maytronics is controlling who is allowed to have access to it...

So far I'm pretty happy. I did not expect the S300 to have bluetooth capability (like the S300i), but was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it does. Looking a little closer at the specs, it seems that the only difference between the two is the filter style (the 300i uses pleated filters plus a mesh filter, the 300 only has the mesh filter) and an additional 2-1/2 hour cycle option. My pool is pretty large, so I wish I would have paid the extra for the longer run time of the 300i. Oh, well.

Can you purchase the pleated filters to add to the mesh filters, so you have the same setup as the 300i? My Doheny Discovery (S 200 equivalent) gets delivered tomorrow, and I would like to add that option to mine.

My Discovery came with a set of mesh filters and pleated filters. Unlike the 300i though, you can only have one in place at a time. Not sure if you can get the filter box from the S300i as a separate part so you can have both at the same time though. Not sure if there is some kind of internal difference that allows the 300i the multi-level filtration besides just the basket config.

Can you purchase the pleated filters to add to the mesh filters, so you have the same setup as the 300i? My Doheny Discovery (S 200 equivalent) gets delivered tomorrow, and I would like to add that option to mine.

From what I can tell, the S200, S300, and S300i all use the same filter basket, but ship with different filters installed. The S300i ships with pleated cartridge filters and an inner net filter. The S300 ships with fine mesh filters and (according the the box and website) is also supposed to include the same inner net filter or "rough filter". (Mine did not. I have a call into support.) The S200 looks like it only comes with the fine mesh filters.

It would seem that if you want to spend the money, you can buy whichever filter you want since the baskets are all the same.

Filters.PNG

I've read through this thread but I think I've missed what I'm looking for, can somebody tell me the difference between the 200 300 and 300i? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an s200 when we put our pool in in June. Even the chart posted above on Dolphins website seems incorrect. The power supply that came with my s200 is the same as the others, including all the buttons for Bluetooth and quick modes though they do nothing when pushed with my s200 plugged into it. Mine also came with the mesh filters as well as the larger filters. I've left my mess ones on, anyone know the advantage of the bigger filters? We throw our s200 in nearly everyday and it does a pretty good job. Never gets the cord stuck on anything and keeps the waterline clean but we often have to clean it out and throw it back in again to get all junk off the floor of the pool. We have an 18x36 so I'm not sure the runtime of 2 hours allows it go get the whole pool. The basket makes it super easy to clean. All in all, pretty happy with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was going to get a suction cleaner but now almost ready to pull the trigger and order the Doheny Discovery.

It appears to have all the features of the s200 and more like the LED light at a better price.

Can't use it for a month because of new plaster/pebble but have to order before sale ends.

Thanks to those that reviewed and made me aware of this robot and looking forward to more reviews.

So far I've been very happy with discovery. About once every few days I take my brush and brush off the top Baja step, tops of the benches and stairs. Brushing takes about 5 minutes and helps because it would be unrealistic to think the discovery could get in all the tight corners of my pools odd shapes. The rest of the pool is done by the robot about every 2 to 3 days. Pool bottom has never been this clean with so little effort. Also, I'm really surprised at the crud I find in the basket after each cycle.

Hey! Does anyone know if Dolphin S series parts work on the Doheny Discovery? I'd also love to know if the Dolphin S300i basket setup will work in the Doheny Discovery. Also, where can you get parts for the Doheny Discovery if needed?

Cheers,
Mark

Will the Doheny Discovery do a decent job on larger leaves? I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a robot for some time but keep getting confused on which would be the best for my situation. I know I want to top loading basket, but I do have a lot of trees. 13.5k odd shaped pool.

Will the Doheny Discovery do a decent job on larger leaves? I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a robot for some time but keep getting confused on which would be the best for my situation. I know I want to top loading basket, but I do have a lot of trees. 13.5k odd shaped pool.

"Larger" as in banana leaf or maple leaf? The intake/vacuum port on most of the Dolphins is approximately the same size, so it's less a matter of what they will vacuum and more of a "how much can they vacuum in one sweep" issue. The s-series basket is large. The canvas bag in my older Dolphin was large but collapsible so it was never full to capacity. I have yet to test the S300 on a ton of leaves but in the instances where there were a couple of handfuls it did fine with room to spare.

Another poster just added a photo of his basket after a sweep:

Trouble Free Pool

"Larger" as in banana leaf or maple leaf? The intake/vacuum port on most of the Dolphins is approximately the same size, so it's less a matter of what they will vacuum and more of a "how much can they vacuum in one sweep" issue. The s-series basket is large. The canvas bag in my older Dolphin was large but collapsible so it was never full to capacity. I have yet to test the S300 on a ton of leaves but in the instances where there were a couple of handfuls it did fine with room to spare.

Large like oak and maple, so not terrible large. When you say the S series basket is large, is that is the same as the discovery? Thank you for the reply.

I am a bit confused by the Dolphin product line and I am wondering if they use different model names here in Canada. I am considering the Dolphin model number 99996211 or "Dolphin Premium Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner with BlueTooth Technology". It looks like the S series except it has a gray rubber brush rather than blue. Anyone know which model this would be?

Here is a picture.
maytronics-dolphin-premium-robotic-vacuum-99996211PIO.jpg

I am a bit confused by the Dolphin product line and I am wondering if they use different model names here in Canada. I am considering the Dolphin model number 99996211 or "Dolphin Premium Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner with BlueTooth Technology". It looks like the S series except it has a gray rubber brush rather than blue. Anyone know which model this would be?

Here is a picture.
View attachment 53229

It's either the S300 or the S300i. If it has 3 cycles then it's the S300i.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.