Where to purchase plastic bins for a pool cover?

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
Does anyone know where you can purchase plastic bins, which could hold sand or water, instead of water bags for a pool cover?. Last year I was at a friends house. The neighbor used plastic bins that looked like water bags, either filled with Sand or Water (not sure). They were long and straight just like the double water bags. I have looked on line, but could not find anything. I am not concerned about sand in the pool. If there is enough slack in the winter cover, there will not be any movement as snow, ice and water build up. Usually, I will pump the water off the cover unless completely frozen or snow.

I do not want to take regular plastic containers and fill them up with water. While the concept is there, the plastic becomes brittle in the cold. These were long straight plastic containers for support.

John, Thank you.

I found these on Amazon for a good price. There are some negative reviews that the lids do not stay on and some have blown in the pool. I am assuming you can fill these with water but not as much as the water bags. Even if you filled these half way and the water froze you still would have room for expansion.

With regards to the tops, it is as simply attaching tie straps on each end so they stay on securely. Ironically yesterday was the windiest day in NJ and some of the water bags that lost water were in the pool. I am hoping that these will work. At this point I will order only 12 from Amazon to see what they are like.

When they arrive I will fill with water and place on my concrete. Then start up the blower that has air speeds of over 200 mph and perform the test. You will see results in a few weeks. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.