How much to replace the liner...

Jul 22, 2013
Newyork city
This winter my pool lost a lot of water.I have a agp pool 18ft round.Last season I had to fill the pool more than usual and I am suspecting the liner is leaking.The pool was there when I bought my house and I have been living in this house for 10yrs.I don't remember how old the pool is.I have heard vinyl pool liners last about 10yrs.So I am trying to figure out how much would be to replace the liner so I can make the decision to keep the pool or take it down.Thank you for reading my post.

Welcome to TFP.

You can change the liner yourself. As for nailing down a price for you, we can't do that. You'll have to call your local pool places and ask them if they Will do it and if so, what do they charge. Beware though that some pool businesses will want you to purchase their liners just to install or may not want to do it at all. This is where YouTube comes into play. It's really not that difficult to do yourself with a few buddies.

thank you for your reply,i was looking for info on a ball park figure of how much it would be to replace the liner.I will call some local pool stores to get some estimates.My pool survived 2 big storms,irene and sandy.I will also check out youtube to see what kind of a job it is.

It is kind of hard to estimate pricing over the internet as different areas have different economics. Around my area I wont do an above ground liner replace for less than $250 + liner. Not worth my time. There are a couple guys who will do it for less, but the customers are usually not too happy with the results. It took me about 5 hours to do mine last summer once the water was drained. This also included re-setting a couple of support blocks. Of course, I mostly work alone as I can not find anyone willing to do the work to my standards.

You should go with the highest mil/gauge you can get. 20 mil is the lowest and 28 is the highest I've seen. 25 is good too. Mine is 25g.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.