Bubbler on 9" Tanning Ledge

Jul 10, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm curious if anyone has ever put in a bubbler in 9" deep water (i.e. tanning ledge). If so, is it effective? How high can you get the water to shoot up above the surface? If I need to, I can valve it such that it will be the only line running off of an Intelliflo VS pump, which is the main pool return pump. Am I wasting my time trying to add a bubbler in 9" deep water?

I really cant tell you how high the water might go.

But you can plumb it so its the only return back to the pool and with an intelliflo, it will shoot up I imagine fairly high, even from 9 inches deep. Probably depends also on the size of the orifice on the bubbler.
Man you can just about put out a house fire with an intelliflo! The thing will flat move some water!

Ok. I only want it to shoot about 18" or so out of the water. What pipe size would you recommend for that? Also, are there special nozzles for bubblers? I'm having a hard time finding them if there are. Or are they just pool return fittings (i.e. 1-1/2")?

put a 1 1/2 pipe to the bubbler, or if all of your other returns are 2 inch, then you could use that too. They arent regular return fittings although a regular return would probably produce the same results. I dont think you will have any problem getting 18 inches out of it. I would recommend also putting a valve at teh equipment pad so you could throttle it down or turn it off if you want to.

Ok. Thanks. All other pipes are 2", so I'll probably just use that. I would plan to use an automated 3 way valve to switch b/n bubbler and returns and vary the speed on the pump to adjust the height.
Know of any places online that sell the bubbler nozzles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two bubblers on my tanning ledge, and they are the same 1.5" pipe and jets/nozzles as on the standard pool returns. I can shoot mine several feet in the air if I open the valve fully. I imagine if I close the pool return valve and fully open the bubbler valve it will go sky high, something to try tonight....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.