f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last week I discovered the Chlorine Liquidator, which will add chlorine to a pool without the need to spend a lot of money or get into complicated installation.

I have to say thanks to this forum because once I decided on the Liquidator, I read almost every post that I could find about it. I quickly learned that I may need the 3/8 upgrade and that the 8 gallon tank was a better investment. I was also thrilled to find that I could remove the skimmer plug and replace it with a barb fitting, which would eliminate the need to drill two holes in my pool plumbing.

Well, the kit arrived yesterday and I installed it today. I ordered the 4 gallon because I found it for $80 cheaper than the 8 gallon and I was thrilled to find it comes with 3/8 connections and hose. Apparently, HASA, the manufacturer has updated the system. Installation was straightforward, with zero issues. Nothing leaked and the system works as designed. Now, I am waiting to see how well, it will be able to maintain my chlorine level. Even if it allows me to go a few days without having to manually add chlorine, I will be happy. I am getting a little tired of lifting 2.5 gallon jugs.

So far I am very impressed with this system and I wanted to provide some current info since most of the information I read was a few years old.

So, this morning the system was not working because there was not enough pressie with the solar running. So, I remembered my research and I closed the pump suction valve a little and it started working fine. So, pool is slightly cloudy so I will clear that up and then see how the Liquidator does at maintaining.

At least you caught it early. Can't wait to see pics!

Liquidator_zpsvgunagxe.jpg

Here it is. It seems to be working just fine and I have figured out where to position the solar valve and pump inlet so that I get adequate pressure for the Liquidator when the pump starts. The pool is crystal clear now (I caught that algae bloom in time, whew) and I am testing the chlorine daily. I have the Liquidator set at 2.5 ppm, which is a bit on the high side according to the instructions BUT this is Florida.

Last edited:
I just removed the one way valve on the inlet side of the tank. From day one, it has made a slight noise that makes me wonder if it is defective. Taking it off allowed me to gain 1.5 ppm flow and I was able to open the pump suction a little more. Why did I do this? Because I am not pleased with the chlorine level in the pool. I have gone a few days without adding chlorine but by tomorrow it will be depleted with a feed of 2.5-3 ppm. I don't mind adding chlorine periodically but I would like to maximize the Liquidator before I add it manually. I also took the tank off the bricks it was on but that did not change the flow rate. Well, back to monitoring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No problem Kim. When I started researching the Liquidator, the majority of the posts were a few years old. Although the information was very helpful, I figured I would add some recent knowledge.

So, I tested the pool chlorine level this morning and had less than 1ppm. So, I added enough to get the pool to 1.5ppm. I ran the Liquidator at 4-4.5 ppm and oh yeah, it happened. I'm like daaaayum, where did my chlorine in the Liquidator go? Pool is definitely good on chlorine now.

So, removing that valve was the right thing to do. Now, I just need to babysit it this weekend to find the best setting for right now. I am very excited by this. Sad that I burned through so much chlorine today but, that is always part of learning.

Ok. I thought you were saying you went from under 1ppm up to 1.5ppm. Does the liquidator flow meter have different scales based on your pool size? I see you set it at the 4-4.5ppm range. How do they know what that is? It seems like it would vary depending on pool size. Is it a trial and error thing, and you eventually find the number that works for you? Or am I missing something? I guess I don't fully understand how the liquidator works. I looked at their website, but didn't exhaustively research it. I saw float switches and have read about it mixing water in the tank with the chlorine. Is that what it actually does to maintain a set level of liquid in the tank so the jet can continue to pull whatever is in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a flow switch that tells me how much chlorine is being fed to the pool. 0-5 ppm. Yes, it is trial and error. The manual said something to the effect of, you should set it around 2 ppm under normal circumstances. But as you know, size and sun make a huge difference. So, what I need now, which I believe will be 3ppm going in will be different when we start hitting the 90s next month. I like playing with the settings more than I like heaving 2.5 gallons of chlorine over the top of the pool. We shall see.

Last edited:
So, I am back with an update. The Liquidator is working great. I have not have to manually add chlorine to the pool since the 20th. The Liquidator is doing the job perfectly. I have it set to feed approximately 1.5ppm when the pump is running. We have had some cloudy days so I will bump it to 2.5 when the clouds go away next week.

So to recap, the current systems seem to come with the larger tubing so there was no need for me to purchase the "upgrade" kit. I did remove one of the float valves to increase the flow and that made all the difference. I do believe the valve was faulty and was restricting the flow too much. Installation took less than 1/2 hour and the instructions were easy to follow. Easier still, watch a You Tube video before you begin and that will cut your installation time significantly. Plumbing the inlet into the drain plug on the pool pump strainer with a barb fitting is the best way to go because later on, you will not have to plug a hole. Also, due to plumbing restrictions, I placed the supply to the pool AFTER the solar return. This decision reduces the amount of pressure available for the Liquidator. So, if you have the space on the line between the pump and the solar return, drill your hole there. If you do not, it is not a huge deal because I just close down a tiny bit on the pump suction valve and that gives me more pressure in the line for the Liquidator. The float valves are not that sturdy so I do expect to order replacements before a year has passed but with a lifetime warranty on everything except the tank, this will not be an issue. The systems seems to be a bit more hands off than I originally thought it would be and I am very happy that I spent the money. In spite of everything that I read before the purchase, for my size pool I am not regretting getting the 4 gallon system instead of the 8. I believe that the 8 would leave too much chlorine sitting for to long.

I love the idea of the liquidator. I especially like the idea that there's no power involved. Considering my pump is currently running from a long extension cord I don't think I need to add any more as far as pumps/electricity.

It seems so simple to set up. I bet even I could do it! lol :)

Thank you for posting about your experience!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.