Automated pH

Mar 31, 2013
Jackson, Ohio
For a residential pool is it worth using a Solaxx pHTek or other system to automatically control your pH?

I deal with pH probes at work and we are calibrating monthly and replacing at least annually.

I like the easiness and automation but is it worth the $500. Opinions?

Depends on how quickly your pH rises. ;)

If you can get and maintain your TA pretty low, the pH may be fairly stable without the need to add a lot of acid.
But, with a SWG and if you have any water features, you are more likely to have a pH that seems to be constantly rising.

So, I would not recommend one until you know how your pool behaves, and then you have to decide if it is worth the $500 to you.

The only time automated PH regulation is worth the effort is for high TA fill water, where you will unavoidably be adding acid constantly. In just about all other situations it should be possible to balance your levels so that the PH is stable, or close enough to stable that automation is not needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.