LED Lights for Saltwater Waterfall

Jul 10, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
I have scoured the internet with no luck. Does anyone know who makes small LED (or even non-LED) lights for waterfalls that are suitable for saltwater? Preferably for less than $100 each, but at this point, I'm open to anything! FYI, all the pond lighting places say they are only suited for fresh water (hence "pond" lighting).

Why are these so hard to find? Do so few people put lighting in their pool waterfalls? Thanks for any help!!

I have scoured the internet with no luck. Does anyone know who makes small LED (or even non-LED) lights for waterfalls that are suitable for saltwater? Preferably for less than $100 each, but at this point, I'm open to anything! FYI, all the pond lighting places say they are only suited for fresh water (hence "pond" lighting).

Why are these so hard to find? Do so few people put lighting in their pool waterfalls? Thanks for any help!!

http://www.landscapelightingworld.com/Cast-Lighting-Underwater-Light-Fountain-Light-p/680.htm

I think there is some confusion about what saltwater means. Generally pool water, even with a SWG, could be considered freshwater. The salt level is only ~3500ppm and a non-SWG pool could easily have a salt level of >1000ppm.

The ocean is saltwater. It has a salt concentration 10x that of a SWG pool ... up around 35,000ppm.

So if you are looking for equipment for a pool, save the confusion and do not put too much concern about a "saltwater" rating ... unless of course it is a pool that uses ocean water in it ;)

Excellent find. Thanks!

So if you are looking for equipment for a pool, save the confusion and do not put too much concern about a "saltwater" rating ... unless of course it is a pool that uses ocean water in it ;)

Gotcha. The forged brass makes sense, and they even say they're ideal for chlorinated and chemically treated water features. Thanks folks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.