Thank you thread

Jun 21, 2011
WA
The post on taking care of algae is closed so I started this to say thanks!

I haven't had a problem with algae for a few years, last time was because we opened pool later.

This time we opened pool up early because we are putting house up for sale in April and it's been unusally warm lately for the mountains and sure enough green pool when we took cover off today.

I refreshed myself with all your algae info and after pool guy gets filter going tomorrow I will begin the process, we bought a lot of chlorine and ready!

Hi, I have been testing and keeping at shock level for days and pool went from green to blue but cloudy and now can see bottom in shallow end just not deep end. I have been back flushing, sweeping, and having pool vacuum on for hours each day. Keeping filter on nonstop.

My only question is does it take longer if the water is cold? I didn't want to waste turning the heat on when its still too cold around here.

The water is in the 50's.

Yes I am and current test is at shock level. I was just reading that the milky part can take a week or more to filter out, i bet thats what is happening. I will get back in a couple of days because I am doing everything I have done for years and it always turns out like you guys say. I just need to be patient. I guess I care more this year as house is going up for sale April 6th but I have plenty of time left!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.