Green Water after adding Chlorine

Being located in Kabul your options maybe somewhat limited, however as Jblizzle stated you need to figure out a way to remove the metals in the water. The link posted above gives you a few options, however your options maybe somewhat limited long term.

Welcome to the Forum!
Lee

fatemaakbari said:
Which kind of CHELATORS & SEQUESTRANTS is useful for copper?
Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

As I mentioned before, there is not high level of copper.
How can I make sure that green color is for copper not another thing?
Copper at 0.32 is more than enough to cause staining and to turn the water green.

If the water turns a clear transparent green right after adding chlorine it is either copper or iron. If the water is more hazy murky there might be something else going on.

Copper at 0.32 is more than enough to cause staining and to turn the water green.

If the water turns a clear transparent green right after adding chlorine it is either copper or iron. If the water is more hazy murky there might be something else going on.

Thank you so much for your helping.
could you help how much sequestrant is enough for this 0.32 mg/l copper?
when should we add sequestrant to water ( I mean we add sequestrant to raw water then chlorine or to green water which has chlorine)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I googled EDTA (Edetic Acid). Looks like its used in the medical field to treat a variety of ailments. It also says;

EDTA is a chemical that binds and holds on to (chelates) minerals and metals such as chromium, iron, lead, mercury, copper, aluminum, nickel, zinc, calcium, cobalt, manganese, and magnesium. When they are bound, they can't have any effects on the body and they are removed from the body.

No idea if it will work as a sequestering agent.

What about EDTA as Sequestrant?
I am not sure can I find these sequestrants in Kabul or no!
Is there another way to control copper ?

Welcome to the forum Fatemaakberi :wave:

When you have a chance can you please add you pools information to your signature so we have an idea of how much water and what equipment you have ??
Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
What kind/model of water test kit you are using
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.