Draining water off the cover.

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So recently we have gotten a TON of snow and rain. Yesterday the temp got to just about 60 and i had a chance to go out and check out the pool. It seemed like there was over a foot of water on the cover. So i proceeded to drain some of it off. And stupid me forgot about the hose last night. :brickwall: I woke up this morning to a pool with a water level not 2"-3" below the return, but almost a foot below the return.

My solid cover has somehow gotten a hole in it over the past few months and i was draining my pool for about 12 hours. The bad thing is, I even thought about a hole in the cover when i was putting the hose in. I should listen to myself more often....lol

Hopefully the spring rains will help fill it back up so I wont have to fill it much later.

Maybe me posting this will help somebody else to not repeat the same mistake.

Actually when i went out and looked yesterday, it seems like there was so much water on top of the cover that it was pushing the actual pool water out the skimmer basket. And there might not have been a hole in my cover after all. I'll have to investigate it when its time to open to be sure. There was at one time about 2 foot of snow on it, then we got like 5 inches of rain on top of that last week. So there was probably about 8" of water on top of the cover now that i think about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.