Signed contract, then found out PB is selling his business

Aug 19, 2014
Arizona
Hello all,
Three weeks ago I was happy that I had finally chosen a pool builder and signed a contract. My pool builder was, and still is, eager to break ground. However, he called me last night to inform me that he is selling his pool business to another pool builder and he is going to work for him as the VP of marketing and sales. I am not sure what to think or do. I am completely bummed out about having to deal with this issue.

It took me literally 6 months to choose a pool builder after getting 4 bids. I asked every pool builder a ton of questions and finally decided on this one and now he is selling his company......

Any advice is greatly appreciated. The thought of having to start all over with 4 new bids does not thrill me. The thought of trying to get out of this contract does not thrill me. But, the thought of moving forward with a pool building company that I know nothing about does not thrill me either.:(:(

Again, I am interested in hearing your thoughts and/or advice.

Thanks....

He likely will not be involved to the degree I had originally negotiated for. I chose this guy based on his reputation as a pool builder. He is the owner of the company and he would have been heavily involved in my pool build because his company consists of him, an assistant foreman, and an administrative assistant. THE reason I chose this company is because of his oversight and involvement with the pool build. Now, this new company he is selling his business to is much larger than 3 people and they perform some of the work in-house rather than subcontracting it out. I have a feeling if he is going to be the VP of Marketing and Sales for this new company, he will not at all be involved in my pool build.

I have two thoughts.
1. Have you posed the question to him to get his feedback on your concerns? Ask him to sell you on staying on as a customer with this new transition. Maybe his answers will help push your decision one way or the other.
2. Interview the new guys and have the "re-bid" your build and answer the same questions that you originally asked. Maybe the process will inform your decisoin to move forward or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.