Pool leak

Apr 30, 2014
California
I have a slow pool leak and have tuned off my pump and over night it dropped 1/8th inch below skimmer opening, I've tried dye testing near return jets and saw no dye being sucked in, can't test light cause pool is to cold, any other options other then calling pool boy, heard that it costs 500

I've done dye tests near everything but the pool light and am stumped, I have concrete decking and non has any different elevation or cracks so I'm confused on where I'm losing it at, also no visible cracks are present in plaster

Nothing you have stated points to the return lines. Is the water still dropping rapidly?

If it stopped just below the skimmer, that would point to a problem around the skimmer or in the suction line leaving the skimmer.

So I have someone coming out tonight, my question is it dropped another 1/4 last night in both the skimmer and pool when both where already below skimmer throat, so since the drain is plumed into akimmer can it be acting like an equalizer?

Probably about the same, I can see a hole between skimmer and wall and now water is below it so I will see what it is later today when I have a pool friend out at my house, also on the plastic skimmer area near the throat it sounds hallow so I think it may be culprit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.