Any opinions on resurface color with screen enclosure?

Mar 10, 2015
Orlando, FL
Any opinions on resurfacing products and colors for a central Florida pool is appreciated. Will use a premium product. Only want to do this once.

Contributing factors:

1. New screen enclosure to be built
2. Rectangular pool 3 feet to 8 feet deep
3. Full sun mid day, some shade mornings and late afternoon, evenings
4. Currently chlorine, may switch to salt after resurfacing
5. Tile is navy blue and white
6. Deck is currently off white, may be changed

I think I like bright to medium blue, but could be swayed. Post your pool pics if you like.

TYVM

Hello,
Welcome. I've got Diamond Brite finish, it came with the place. I believe it very similar to pebble tec finish. There's lots of info comparing Diamond Brite to Pebble Tec.
for example: http://www.oceansrg.com/pool-resurfacing-finishes-diamond-brite-vs-pebble-tec/

I think Diamond Brite is based out of Florida. I'd recommend you visit pools with both to compare what you'd like. Get some estimates from different contractors. I think that materials being similar, the finish comes down to the skill of the installer.

Good luck!

You need to get black, because I want to see more pictures of black bottom pools. :D

I agree I should get what I like and I am getting professional estimates.

Posted this just to see if anyone had a nice bright clean crisp blue they were happy with in a screen enclosure. If so, feel free to post some pictures.

I am learning that a screen is just one of several factors affecting actual water color.

J

I've been looking at a lot of pictures of pools with screen enclosures. It appears that even a good old fashioned white plaster or white pebble tec or wet edge product will give a crisp blue look to the water.

The screen enclosure seems to make the water look a bit darker. At least in pictures.

Probably going with Pebble Sheen. White Diamonds, Aqua Blue and Blue Granite are still in the running.

Back yard faces south. Pool runs east to west. Neighbor to the west has 2 tall trees that shade the pool in the late afternoon and evening. That shade plus the screen will probably make the water look darker than mid day with the sun overhead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.