Leak Repair at Filter

Jun 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
From Pool School:

"Many leaks that cause water loss are found at the equipment pad where you can see the water coming out of a connection ' if you can see the leak we can tell you how to stop it. If you can't see any drips around the filter system you can figure out if it is in the plumbing by checking the pool itself."

OK, so I have a leak at the connector on the cartridge filter that is constantly dripping water. Pool School says that you can tell me how to fix it, but I can't find anywhere where it actually tells me.

If anyone can give me a little advice, I would really appreciate it.

mpatrick14 said:
From Pool School:

"Many leaks that cause water loss are found at the equipment pad where you can see the water coming out of a connection ' if you can see the leak we can tell you how to stop it. If you can't see any drips around the filter system you can figure out if it is in the plumbing by checking the pool itself."

OK, so I have a leak at the connector on the cartridge filter that is constantly dripping water. Pool School says that you can tell me how to fix it, but I can't find anywhere where it actually tells me.

If anyone can give me a little advice, I would really appreciate it.

The article also said that there were so many set ups that the info would have to be asked for 8)

-Ted :wave:

The leak at the cart filter is most probably an incorrectly seated o-ring, or the union is not tightened enough! Simple stuff, if you're familiar with pool plumbing. I realize that it could also be the pressure gauge or the tank o-ring, but without more info, it becomes a guess.

Any chance of getting a little more detail as to where the leak is or, better yet, a pic of the system and the leak??

As the article said, we will help with this, but we need to know exactly what's going on :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.